Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pull Ups and Dips PR and programming

So as some of you know I set out on a 30 day challenge to see what would happen if I did one set of max strict pull ups and strict dips per day.  As usual I had a hard time staying on task since it was always at the end of the day and I was usually pretty spent I missed several days, but I also saw a pattern going on with my progress.  As such here is the graph of my progress.


Some things you should know about what happened.  I started to notice that as I did less consecutive days of my goal, I did better with my numbers.  The only day that was completely off was the 16th when I did my dips first, making it much harder to do my pull ups, but for some reason it did not go the other way.  I could do pull ups first without it burdening my dips. In the third week I knew I was going to keep breaking PR's if I rested properly and as you can see I destroyed my records on day 23.  At that point I felt pretty sure that my experiment was a success and did not need to go further.  

I would like to see if others get the same results with the same programming.  Try it out and let me know.    
One thing to make sure is to go really hard non stop the first week and a half, then back off for a day, go hard for a couple of days and then rest for 2 days, in the third week go hard on the first and fourth day then rest for 3 days and finally the first day of the last week, destroy it.

Good Luck



Francesco Caban
Live
Love
Inspire

No comments:

Post a Comment