Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Living up

I think about what I do.  Parkour, Acrobatics, Dance, Teaching, Performing, and Practicing.

And I think about what my parents have done.

And then I think about what my Grand Parents have done.

And my Adopted brother.

And I realize that I have some big shoes to fill.

Now I know that My Family loves me as I am and that they expect nothing from me but unconditional love toward them, but I still draw on what they have accomplished to fuel my ambition.  My mother has traveled the world, been to Africa during the genocide, walked through live land mine fields, been caught in the middle of a coup, held hostage by terrorists, and witnessed death.  All because she had the desire to put up with it to help others, to feed her family, and to serve her morals.  My father a musician that has inspired musicians, a man that has trained with the sufis, a master of the mind, and a lover of all things in life.  He allows me to see that we can live any way we wish we just have to decide what we want and then do it.  My Grandfathers:  One of them served in the military and was a butcher and a family man, a great husband and loving grandfather, he loved music and he loved his wife.  My other Grandfather was as steel worker and also served in the military.  He jumped off cliffs into icy waters and taught me the meaning of strength (thanks for making me bleed in arm wrestling gramps)  My Adopted Brother, a Vietnamese refugee that had to witness famine, disease, and death  now is a top if the line computer programmer and I am sure he will one day be a computer himself, he defied all odds and racial barriers and became a man that went back to Vietnam and brought his whole family back with him.  My sister having to deal with the rough teenage years and being the oldest blood sibling.  Now she is a mother of two a wife and a woman with many talents.  She is more book smart then I will ever be and I love her.  My Grandmothers, both have passed and both I remember how kind to me they were and how they would run their fingers through my curls.  They taught me about enjoying a moment.

I love you all and if I accomplish half of what any one of you did I will be successful.  You are my light in the dark, my love when I fall into hate, my passion when I lose all hope, and my life when I feel most dead.  I love you and I will be successful because you love me.

Live
Love
Inspire

Francesco

No comments:

Post a Comment