Friday, February 7, 2014

And Back Again

So 4 days since the start of my Facebook Feed Fast and I am doing good.

Monday through Wednesday I was pushing myself pretty hard and my shoulders got pretty taxed.  Between the Monday Isometrics, Tuesdays Back Squats and hardcore jumping with aggressive arm swings, and Two workouts on Wednesday I was super trashed on Thursday.  Not to mention I was dragging around rubber mats that weighed a hundred pounds each that killed my grip.  I was very grumpy before open gym on Thursday night, but I really wanted to get some training in regardless so I worked a few skills, but it didn't really help me because I was not fresh enough to focus on what I was doing and learn from it.  Over all I should have just worked basics instead of working on harder skills because it messed with my progress.  That night I couldn't sleep very well at all.  My shoulders were super tight and my wrists were all wigged out from dragging the mats around.  I was pissed, all I wanted to do was sleep and because I over trained my shoulders were going to be super tight and seek vengeance on my REM Cycles.  So after battling with myself for several hours, I finally got up and found my lacrosse ball.  I dug into my shoulders and back for the next 20 minutes and eventually got my tissues to relax enough and allow me passage into the dream world.

The lesson learned here is that I know my body very well and I should have known that it would react this way.  There's a reason I am so picky about my workouts and why I usually turn people down that want to do a WOD of some type.  I know what my body needs and know where I want to go.  There's a time and place for everything and if I don't feel that it is the time to do something I usually don't do it.  Being intuitive about what your body needs is the best way to keep training everyday.  Sure there are times when you have to say "Screw It" and go nuts with a crazy WOD that will trash you, but that is definitely not the way I like to do things anymore.  I know I can dish out the Hardcore when necessary, I've been through that type of training, but that is not where I am now.

It's about where you are NOW and what you need to do to keep moving forward in the future.



Francesco Caban

Live
Love
Inspire

No comments:

Post a Comment