Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Keeping them coming

So with my website almost completely revamped I will have more opportunity to update my blog instead of on Facebook using my Status, I like Facebook, But it's such a chore going on Facebook, too many distractions, here I get on I do my thing and then I go.

Power Moves

Windmill to Flair:  As I try to teach myself windmill to flair I am hoping it will help me to better understand both moves, and so far it has.  Circles become even more important, I think that many breakers who have an easier time with power don't really have to think about circles, I have to or I fall down every time.  If you don't know what circles are look here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L6M-dtQN68  It has a considerable amount of counter lean involved in it, but mainly for me it's just thinking about completing the circle around my hands with my hips, I have a tendency to rush this and it screws up my form.  Developing a good circle is crucial, pretty much after that you have to learn how to kick and swing your legs in straddle.  The better straddle you have along with good shoulder flexibility will lead to a good flair.  I have an okay Straddle but my shoulder flexibility sucks.  Any way that's all part of the journey. 

Forearm Air flair is doing much better, after seeing it on video and being completely disgusted with it, I took a long hard look at some slow motion vids of really good bboys doing them and picked every little bit of technique I could out of them.  Since then I have made great progress in my leg swing and behind the back transition, It's all about patience and waiting, skill is never fast at first it is slow and mindful, then once you have it you just unleash it and let it flow. 

My ankle is finally strong enough to do Round Off, Back Handspring, Back Layouts again and I did them for the first time in a while last Wednesday.  My ankle problem has always been about me not pressing through the ball of the foot.  It's funny how the one thing I always tell my students is something that plagues me.  Well at least I can take comfort in knowing most of my students won't make the same mistakes I will.  My right knee likes to buckle causing all my weight to transfer to my almost healed ankle, I just have to drill, drill, drill, until my body remembers straightened that F%#%@ Knee. 

On the bright side my cartwheel passes are doing good.

I ate pretty bad this last week, don't get me wrong I am not super picky, but I definitely can feel the difference after eating better food and bad food.  Luckily I am back on track and I'll look forward to the lack of be dehydrated from bad food. 

The planning of the tour is going quite well, with over 30 lined up and a couple of sponsors It is the most involved I have ever been in a project like this. 

I got to meet up with the manager of the 13th Floor Haunted house in Phoenix and we got to go through the house and figure out better places for the Super Zombies to jump, run, and climb.  Last year I had to make do with what they had and it was quite an adventure.  I will be in charge of teaching and developing the super zombies and their stunts.

Live Love Inspire
 

1 comment:

  1. I am so going to 13th Floor this year. Want to see all the super zombies in action! Glad things are coming together again physically wise. Injuries suck!

    ReplyDelete