Monday, June 18, 2012

Success

So I have had a few thoughts this past hour about careers and this art.  We can all agree that Parkour and Freerunning are lifelong sports, that they are not about competition they are about the personal journey of challenge and success.  The grace of the human body in hard situations.  I am well aware of this.  For some of us that is enough.  For me I want to be able to make a career with what I love to do.  I am not trying to be a savior or an Elitist.  I am being me.  If I want to make a career out of it and make money doing what I love what's wrong with that.  My morals are not compromised because I feel that I should be paid for what I do.  It shows that I know what I do has a monetary value as well as help the growth of the Mind, Body, and Spirit Connection.  Every one of my students that has stuck around long enough will tell you that their progress is what I care about most.  It would be impossible for me to be selfish and only care about money, I can't do it, I am to honorable.  I have taken hit after hit, helped out my friends countless times, done work for free even though I know it is worth a pretty penny.  Success to me is the experience you get from life.  Money does not bring you freedom, but it definitely can cage you.  Debt is what I speak of.  I am in Debt.  Not complaining, just explaining.  And the only way to get out of debt is with money.  So I need money for now, and I will make it with the skill I know best and can deliver with good quality that deserves that money.  If Movement Artistry has taught me anything it is that nothing is easy, everything requires work, but when you put in good smart work, you build up momentum, and with momentum work is easier.  So I am building my Momentum and I am going to make my life my job and my job my life.  My life is movement and movement is my profession, and I will always do my profession well, make damn sure of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment