Thursday, June 21, 2012

Long Day... Still Trained

Okay so maybe it wasn't as long as Tuesdays normal 7 hours of teaching.  But I taught a good 5 hours today.  Parkour Classes at Sarah Gregory Williams Crossfit Kids and Parkour Class http://www.urbanswimandfitness.com/toughkids.cfm  She is a great teacher in all aspects and understands the necessity of fun as well as hard work.  The up to Scottsdale Gymnastics to teach another Parkour class.  Today I was shadowed by the two coaches that will take over for me when I leave the gym end of June.  They are young and work well with the kids I am sure they will grow into great teachers.  I ended my teaching day with a private lesson.  I young male competitive dancer seeking to add acrobatic moves that blend well with dance into his performance.  So far we have been able to get down a strong butterfly twist, aerial/aerial side summi, and cartwheel rebound flash kick.  We ate trying to get him more spinning moves such as corkscrew and cartwheel rebound back full twist.  I see him being able to get the Second one the first may happen but it all depends on if it clicks or not.  He has a gymnastics background and he learns super fast but overall new moves are always hard and he is pressured with the competition coming up.  I am sure he will do well either way.


Training Today:

I got the pleasure of working with a great teacher and friend Robert Sears, he is from Michigan I believe and comes from an acrobatic school that specializes in performance acrobatics.  I worked on my Cartwheel Rebound Arabian step out series and my Round Off Back Handspring Layout and Round Off Double Back.  I seemed to have gotten past the ankle problem I had Monday night and that is great news for me.  With that pain gone the Double Back and Double Full that I have worked so much on and have dreamed about since I was 16 are seeming more and more attainable for me on the spring floor.  I also worked my Punch Rudy (a front layout with a one and a half twist) on the spring floor. A year ago I never even thought it would be possible for me to do such a skill and now I look at it as only a matter of time.


I now have three sponsors for the "Limit Breakers Tour" in July.  I am so excited and want to take the end of this blog to thank www.pkinsure.com ,  http://www.onedrinks.com/  , and www.parkulture.com  for believing in me and helping me on this tour, it means the world to me and thank you.

Live
Love
Inspire

Francesco Caban

No comments:

Post a Comment