Sunday, June 24, 2012

Mainly this post is just about some training I've done since Thursday.

Thursday night consisted of getting some solid fun training in at the Adult Open Gym.  I just was going on impulse and gave everything my all, 100% commitment to each skill.  I Was pulling turn mounts to back fulls, tunnel flips, diving front flips, and I worked my Fore Arm Air Flare a bit again.  Another breakthrough with trying to get the air flare exactly the shape you want is to make sure after you swing your legs that you keep them as close to your torso as possible, you pike them in a straddle position to pull your weight close to the shoulder.  Unfortunately the last flip of the night I did (gainer into a punch front)  aggravated my right knee a bit, It slightly scared me, but I quickly realized it has been worse and that it would heal quickly.

I got together with Xavier from ASU Friday morning and I wanted to do some improvisation work on rails.  I was wearing my vivos and wanted to get a feel for them with rail work.  My main goal for that session was to go on impulse and just get accustomed to the feeling of moving within the chaos.  It was a very successful session especially since I irritated my right knee on that bad front flip night before. 

Later that day I got to the Gymnastics Facility earlier and worked my Double Kongs, Kong Precisions, and Dive Kongs.  My goal with this training was to do everything at high speed and force myself to travel farther.  It was once a again a very successful day and I was happy with my session.  And once again my knee was not bugging me, it's amazing how committing to a skill and keeping good form makes a huge difference, especially when your injured.

Today Saturday.  I met up with Judson, Chase, and Vo at the SRC in ASU and we worked some power moves in the Judo room.  I was trying out some new combos and also worked my Windmill to flare transition a bit.  There was a lot of people all doing different things in the Judo room together. There was Acro Yoga there (Whitney Zama)  Tricking, Jujitsu, and Bboying all in the same room.  It was pretty cool actually to be around all of that at once.   I ended my session with a nice slow and low impact Acro Flow session.  Ended up meeting a Capariesta there and did a short Play session with him.  I do not consider myself a Capariesta at all, but I remember most of the moves and the how the game works, it was fun to say the least.

After a nice food break with Vo I headed out to meet Kat Loveland and get some shots for the O.N.E. Coconut Water Sponsorship. this was  a difficult session as I was trying to get a very specific look with the shots, not realizing that I was looking for perspective shots, which Kat explained to me is done by having the whole back and foreground at an angle to make the foreground look bigger but still able to capture the background.  Eventually we figure it out, I knew Kat would be able to get what I wanted. 

Met up with some friends later and we saw the movie "Brave" It's nice to see where computer animation is heading, and Pixar always throws in some adult humor.

Live
Love
Inspire

No comments:

Post a Comment