Tuesday, November 6, 2012

November 5th Training Vlog

I did so many corks today. And it was a good thing.  Because If I had not done that many I probably would never had seen the habits I have been forming.  I threw a good one here and there but I know now what I have to do to fix them.  Enjoy the vids, train safe. 


Lesson Learned:

I was trying to modify my Webster with doing a slightly side ways set up, the only problem with that is that it would screw up the second one.  I went back to my old set up but tried to work on laying my body out more like a front aerial and feeling the foot position of the first webster so I could duplicate it in the second one.  The final two in a row I did were the best I did, I'll remember that for next time. 

The corks... I'll talk about the corks in a bit.

The windmill...Well the thing is I wanted to do something that required me to keep my self in straddle so I could better develop my split.  Windmills work perfect for that,  they are a great active stretch for the middle split.  I need to feel my legs squeezing straight though it will give me a better torque.


I had a second wind so I did some more work after I was done teaching.



Lesson Learned:

I thing the best thing for me to do is to start trying to swing my leg while I feel it squeezing straight when I had my best cork of the day I felt that present along with me stacking my hips over my jumping leg.  You can see I have a habit of taking off at an angle (my hips are not stacked over the jumping foot) and it throws me backwards instead of straight up.  I think if start doing a combo after the cork it will give me more drive through the end.  I feel that I am trying to slow down and stop and it kills my momentum.  My left side of my back was getting a little sore from spinning to much that way so I did some movements that were similar to the cork but on the opposite side in order to make the muscles pull on both sides.  I think my next practice in these two flipping skills are going to be really good.

Live
Love
Inspire
 
Francesco Caban
francescocaban.me
movementconnections.com
facebook.com/francesco.caban
Twitter MVMTconnections
fgcaban@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment