Friday, November 16, 2012

Training Vlog November 15th

Today I really wanted to get back to weight training so thus I forced myself to go to Club SAR next door and get some dead lifts and back squats in.  Now first of all my max Dead Lift is 375lbs and my Max Back Squat is 245lbs and I weigh in at 167 lbs last time I checked.  So that means I am in the intermediate range for dead lift  and back squat.  But today I stuck with 200 for Dead Lift and 160 for Back Squat because I wanted to check my form so I put my Epic music on turned the Gopro on and this was the first session of the day.




Lesson Learned:  Dead Lifts are not something you need to do every day, or even every other day, especially when you are doing as much jumping and performing as me.  So I want to incorporate two days of lifting where I lift very heavy.  I noticed that with my Dead Lifts I need to sit back a bit more and my back squats I didn't sink into my heals enough.  Will I feel it in my back?  Yes I should feel it a little bit but I really should feel my legs screaming if anything. I know I had the bar as close to my shins as I could get it in my dead lift, because it left scratches on my skin.  It was a good reintroductory session the next time I go though I will only pick one of the moves to do, either Back Squat or Dead Lift not both. 



Part 2 of The Day

So I am a bit obsessed with getting my cork back down strong I'm okay with that.  The second part of my session was geared toward my Front Tuck, and Cork Screw.  lets watch and learn.


Lesson Learned:
 
 
Man those corks are pissing me off.  I keep seeing the same thing  My legs need to be tighter together and need to squeeze straight.  I hate that they do this bent leg crap when I prepare for landing.  I just need to hold it tighter.  As far as my Front Tuck I just needed to the lift off more get that height feeling before tucking like a mad man.  I bottomed out a few times when I was punching, now I know what your thinking, punching is more impact in the ankles and knees then jumping I should be jumping.  Well I kind of do both I have a punch set up but I focus on making as little noise as I can so it is more like a blocked plyo.  If I go strictly for plyo which gives me a good three foot vertical, it is very hard to flip, I am not saying I will never train it I am just saying I know what works for me and I will stick with it.
 
Live
Love
Inspire





Francesco Caban
francescocaban.me
movementconnections.com
facebook.com/francesco.caban
Twitter MVMTconnections
fgcaban@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment